How to Find the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
Our furry friends are just that: furry! Pet hair gets hooked microscopically, like Velcro®, in your carpet fibers and other soft surfaces and then stubbornly sticks there. Even sometimes after you use a vacuum that’s marketed “for pets”. So what’s the best vacuum for pet hair? Look for vacuum cleaners with these features:
- Bagged Vacuum Cleaners. Bagged vacuums make the best vacuums for pet hair because they ensure that the fur and dander stay trapped inside the bag. Unfortunately, when you empty a bagless vacuum canister, often times the dust, dander and pet hair are released back into your home.
- SEALED HEPA Filtration. Vacuums “for pets” often talk about having HEPA filters. And HEPA is great! But these vacuums also do not commonly have a good seal, thus pet hair and dander can escape back into your home. When you’re searching for the best vacuum for pet hair, make sure to ask the associate if the system is sealed.
- High Air Flow. The best vacuum for pet hair must have high air flow. Combined with a motorized brushroll, a vacuum with high air flow will leave nowhere for the cat and dog hair to hide!
- Motorized Brushroll. These brushrolls work overtime so that you don’t have to do all of the work. A motorized brushroll agitates the soft surface continuously, forcing the pet hair to lift off of your carpet and upholstery fibers. Instead of just sucking at the hair, the moving bristles physically pull the hair up and away from the carpet fibers, allowing the high airflow to ‘whoosh’ the fur away.
- BONUS: Turbo Nozzle. Turbo nozzles extend the functionality of your full-sized vacuum. They are perfect for places your vacuum brushroll cannot go, like carpeted stairs, upholstery, car interiors and more.
For more help call or come into one of our three Kentucky locations in Erlanger, Florence and Cold Spring. We will speak with you to get you the vacuum that fits the needs of your family and home.